Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Paul

About

Username
Paul
Last Active
Roles

Comments

• Hi Dorains, Right click on the first of the two notes you want to tie. A drop down menu will appear. Then just scroll down to the option that reads "Tie/Untie to Next Note" and click on it. Voila, your notes are tied! (If your mouse doesn't hav…
  • Oh you're more than welcome - I'm glad it was helpful to you! Hope you enjoy using ScoreCloud :-). So much luck with it!
  • Hi Etienne, I don't know if this will help you out since I use the Studio version more than Express but here's a thread where I also had questions about using ties in ScoreCloud: http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/329/a-question-about-ties#latest…
  • Oh, sorry about that. I've had pretty good luck with the systems break feature, although I've never tried it where one bar was left all by itself on the last page of a score. I thought it would work as I used it, to supersede the automatic bar spa…
  • Hi, You may be able to achieve the same result by using the "system break" feature. Click directly on the final bar line of the bar you'd like to move, then go to the upper right menu and check mark the system break box. The bar should jump to t…
  • Thank you! It's a great feature, and nice to have in Express. I've found it very helpful in the Studio version, especially when recording tricky rhythms.
  • Absolutely! Thanks for listening :-)
  • Hello again! Just discovered there's one more area which doesn't seem to register as a change when you click "save". This too is accessed from the mixer area: it's the instruments themselves. I was experimenting tonight with trying out different …
  • Hey it's all fixed now - thank you - works great! It never occurred to me that this was an actual bug - I just assumed my smart phone wasn't powerful enough to handle the software & got along without it. This is the first time I'm able to use …
  • Or you can click on the place where you'd like the measure inserted, and then go to the "Add More" icon at the top of the page. Clicking on that opens up a whole menu of goodies you can add to the score - dynamics, pedal marks, etc. Measures too o…
  • No, thank you! And best for the holidays & New Year!
  • Hope it's okay to offer one more observation regarding MIDI export. In pieces converted to MIDI from ScoreCloud, the volume of the new MIDI file is quite low. I tried converting a number of snippets, and in each case about half the volume of the o…
  • Thanks so much Johan! That's great -- and thanks for responding so swiftly! :-)
  • You're so welcome - thank you! And actually, while we're on a roll (ouch!), there's a related symbol that would be great to have in ScoreCloud too: the glissando, or glide. I'm including 3 attachments to show some examples. The same squiggly line…
  • Geez, I never thanked you for cluing me in to this tip! What a nice solution. :-)
  • Hi Johan! Can I second Tylime's request? I would love the ability to add chord rolls as well! There are two kinds of rolls I'd love to see in a perfect world, and both are depicted in measure 1 of the piano piece that Tylime attaches: The firs…
  • Hi Johan and Audthebest, For some time now I've noticed that whenever I come across an online MIDI file it won't open on my Mac. Instead I receive the message: "Missing plug-in. This webpage has content that requires an Internet plug-in. This pag…
  • Hi Davide, I'm sorry I didn't see your message sooner or I would certainly have responded to it and passed on what I know. However you couldn't do better than straight from the source with Johan and Leif :-D! I'm glad you raised those questions, …
    in Grace notes Comment by Paul April 2015
  • Thanks so much guys! And also for such quick responses! All this is extremely helpful. I know this issue has come up before and hope I haven't frustrated you with this; I really tried to search the forums for clues before writing you again with t…
  • Hi Johan! Thanks for responding so swiftly! Honestly I have to agree with you, this isn't the most pressing request I can think of either, and I'm just as happy that you're moving forward with all your other changes first. From past experience, e…
  • Hi JohanR! Wow I'm so happy you're taking my suggestions seriously - Thank you!!! I already am crazy in love with this software, but it's so nice that you really consider our input -- when I logged on tonight and found your replies, it felt like I…
  • Thanks JohanR! I actually did find a workaround to show both accidentals in an octave, but it would be great if ScoreCloud displayed them by default, since again, they'd both always be written out in a classical score. (And again, the same would b…
  • Oh that sounds great! Thanks for letting me know about the Music Text Alternative - and thanks in advance for revising the text block. You guys are awesome!
  • Ann I know exactly what you mean & feel the same - it's exciting to be a beta user of this great program in its early stages! Your story of being onboard with Expression 3 and how it felt being part of a team of a privileged users really hit ho…
  • Johan you are more than welcome! I meant every word I wrote (plus a lot more that I didn't say) . . . I truly believe you are revolutionizing the way people write and share music. Hopefully those gray days of January will become as bright as th…
  • Thank you for adding the grace note improvements! I was thrilled to see the added capabilities in version 3.2. and was actually compiling some suggestions about them when you came out so quickly with 3.3 and made my notes obsolete! Love all these …
    in Grace notes Comment by Paul January 2015
  • ScoreCloud won't seem to allow me to create a tie in just one note of a chord. The attached file might help to show you what I mean. Let's say I want to tie the last note of the first measure (the final g) with the corresponding g in the first cho…
  • Terrific! All my notes are back in their proper places. Many thanks, Sven!