Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Recorded Songs

There's this piano melody in a movie I really like. I have it on my computer and my phone. I've looked for sheet music for it but it's not the same as how it was played in the movie. Can I play it over my phone or another computer and have it turned into sheet music?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

No, unfortunately not. In ScoreCloud Studio, you have currently two options for this:

1. Play the piano piece on a MIDI keyboard connected to the computer and have the program notate it.

2. Record monophonic audio, and have the program notate it. Monophonic means that it can only be one note at a time, no voices, no chords. Only a single melody or bassline.

A movie score or even a simple piano piece will have too many multiple notes at the same time to be correctly picked up by the audio analysis.

My best suggestion would be to find a MIDI file that sounds correct enough, and import it into ScoreCloud Studio, and edit from there.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist