Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Grand Staff

jandrus2jandrus2 Member
edited May 2013 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
Is there a way for ScoreCleaner to automatically transcribe music into a grand staff rather than one bass staff or one treble staff? For a songwriting project, my students would play a chord with their left hand and a short melody with the right hand. ScoreCleaner transcribes it on one staff with the chord on leger lines below the treble staff instead of providing a bass clef.

Comments

• scottscott Member
    Make sure the Piano Staff option is enabled
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Yes, in the Options menu you can select the "Piano Staff" option. You will then get a piano staff from the analysis (unless you only have one voice, or few very close together).

You can then go into Voice Mode (and check "Show Regions") to move notes or regions between the staves.

Regards
    / JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I am sorry but I am having the very same problem as jandrus2.
    I cannot find the options menu.
    Could you please talk me all the way through the process?
    many thanks
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hello!

If you're using the latest version of ScoreCloud it should automatically put music with several voices in a piano staff. If it doesn't, please save the original midifile of your playing as well as the document/cloudsong and send it to support@doremir.com and explain the issue as you did here.

You can also edit the voice separation, have a look at this video:
  • Is this the same program I am using? I am using ScoreCloud Studio and there appears to be no bass staff or grand staff. New voices all go to a treble staff. Nor is there an options menu, that I have found. There is a preferences menu under edit.

How do I make ScoreCloud Studio show a bass staff or grand staff make notes appear on a bass staff?
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

When inserting staves manually, by using "Add more -> Add empty staff" in the toolbar, the new staff defaults to a treble staff.

When recording audio or MIDI through the listener, the analysis chooses the staff automatically based on the pitches and voices of your input.

You can change the clef of a staff by double clicking the clef and choosing a new one.

You can convert a staff to a piano staff/grand staff by selecting the part (click on the staff name, or just to the left of the staff), and selecting "make piano staff" in the actions panel in the top right.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist