Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Copy and Paste problems.

I tend to use Ctrl-C / Ctrl-V for copy/paste operations (Windows 7). However in ScoreCloud Studio, I frequently found (I first thought) that Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V appeared not to have taken any action when I attempted to copy a number of bars. I have found however that using the Edit menu top left of screen and selecting copy and paste from that menu, works consistently well.

I later realised that Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V had in fact copied the the said bars ON TO THE END of the whole composition, and not at the point selected for pasting. (This effect was not initially observed, as the end of the music was not currently on the screen).

This erroneous behaviour does not always happen, but certainly does quite often.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

This is not supposed to happen. Copy paste is something we use a lot in ScoreCloud Studio here as well. Could you describe how you can reproduce this behaviour? How do you select the bars to copy, and how do you select the "point selected for pasting"?

If a note, rest, beat, region, barline, lyric, etc is selected, the copied region should paste from that position. However, playing to a specific point and stopping will not set a position for pasting. Could this be the problem?

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I think it is a problem of not distinctly marking the paste point. When using CTRL-V, my cursor is sitting at the intended paste point, and part of the bar at that point has a faint blue highlighting, that I took to be marking the paste point, but it was just marking a cursor point. A paste point is marked with a stronger blue, I now see. Thanks.
    Hi!

I see. Could you explain what you mean by "my cursor is sitting at the intended paste point"? And also "cursor point"?

If you could take a screenshot or explain a bit further, it would help us figure out how to make this clearer!

Thank you!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • acclivityacclivity Member
    edited March 5
    OK Johan, here we go. The first shot is at the point when I have selected a bar to copy. 2nd shot is the screen when I think I am indicating the point at which to paste. Shot 3 shows the erroneous result of the paste. Shot 4 shows what the screen looks like when I correctly mark the paste point, Shot 5 shows the correct result of the paste. The problem was simply that it's not adequate to simply have the cursor sitting at the point where I want to paste, I needed to click at that point. The difference in screen appearance is marginal however.
    jpg
    jpg
    SC1.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    SC2.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    SC3.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    SC4.jpg
    jpg
    jpg
    SC5.jpg
    Oh, I see, thanks for the explanation!

Yes, hovering items with the mouse cursor generally don't have any meaning for the functionality. We'll look at making the visual difference clearer.

Thank you!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • Thanks Johan. Would it be worth adding a warning "Do you really want to paste onto the end of the composition? Yes/No" ?