Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Add bar numbers

Hi! Can't figure out how to add bar numbers (to every bar)
/Elliot

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi,

It is currently not possible to show bar numbers on every bar. Bar numbers are typically shown at the beginning of each system.

Currently you will have to add them manually as "Music Text" if you need them.

I will add this as a feature request for the development!

Thanks for your input!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Ok! Thank you for your answer. This detail makes me have to choose another program. I always refer to a bar number when recording. "We start from bar 53".. That's a lot of counting without numbers :) Txs again!!
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited January 16
    Oh, that's unfortunate.

Although, could I ask what your genre is? We also do quite a bit of studio recording, and I can't recall seeing a score with numbers on every bar, just in the beginning of rows. And rehearsal marks for important sections.

If this is a genre convention we have missed, that would make it easier to prioritize a feature like this!

Thanks!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • LeifOLeifO Administrator
    Hi Elliot, You will usually only have to count from the start of the row, which in your case will be unlikely to be a number lower than bar 48 (see example image). This is a normal convention for any software and printed sheet music, but as Johan says, if this is a genre convention we have missed, that would make it easier to prioritize a feature like this!
    png
    png
    Skärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 11.48.17.png