Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Voice recording

I have ScoreCloud 3.5.4 on a windows 10 Laptop, I'm trying to sing songs into the computer to get the song notated musically. Can I do this? It seemed like I got error the last few times I tried, that sent me on a fruitless search to see if I had right system, Do I ? Thanks! Robert

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, this is the intended use. Have a look at this video for an example:

Please check your input settings, like microphone volume. You can listen to your recorded audio in the bottom "listener" to see if the recorded audio sounds OK.

If you are getting error messages, please let us know and we can take a look at it!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank You for a response! I've looked at the video several times, but I'll go look again. I could've overlooked something when I thought I was supposed to have some kind of app. That's why I was explicit about my system! no i-phone or android, just a windows 10 laptop and your Score cloud studio 3.5.4. Your system could be a headache saver to me, and so much more to others, I hope I can get it figured out. Thanks! Robert
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Thanks for reaching out!

Yes, ScoreCloud Studio is a Windows or Mac program that doesn't need anything else to work. With an internet connection and a microphone (and optionally a MIDI keyboard) you can use it as intended!

We do have an app, ScoreCloud Express, that you can use to notate your singing on the go. The app syncs with your ScoreCloud account, so songs recorded there will show up in your song list in ScoreCloud Studio. But the app is a separate product and you can use either without having the other.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks again Johan!