Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

a window of scorecloud doesn't appear

kkkkjjjjkkkkjjjj Member
edited December 2014 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hi. I'm not good at English. I'm sorry for my poor language.

I've installed scorecloud the other day.
I push the icon of scorecloud, and the messages "loading library..." "creating panels..." appear with a bar charged,
but after that, the window of scorecloud doesn't appear.
In that condition, scorecloud does work according to the task manager, but I can't use it because of the absence of the window.
I have uninstalled scorecloud and again installed, but the problem remains.
This problem happens on my windows8.1 PC firstly, and it subsequently occurs on my windows7 PC.
These two PCs are not identical. I have two PCs.
I had beed using scorecloud on the windows 7 PC. I wanted to use it also on my newer PC(windows 8.1), then the problem happened for the first time on the windows8.1 PC, and somehow the same problem happened on the windows7 PC.
I was able to use scorecloud on my windows7 untill I installed scorecloud on my windows8.1.

Sorry for the poor sentence.
Is there anyone who has an idea? I'd be very glad if you teach me. Thank you.

Comments

• I'm having the same problem here :-(
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hello!

This is super strange, and something I haven't seen before!

It would be really helpful if you can send us your log files, either attached here or to support@scorecloud.com?

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Windows:
    Open the "Run"-window by pressing the windows-key+R and then type %APPDATA%/ScoreCloud

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Mac OS X:
    Press cmd-shift-g ( ⌘-⇧-G) in Finder and paste ~/Library/Containers/com.doremir.scorecloud/Data/Library/Logs

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Same error here, worked fine just yesterday, attaching logs with both no admin privileges and admin privileges, win8.1
  • Same error here, worked fine just yesterday, attaching logs with both no admin privileges and admin privileges, win8.1
    log
    log
    ScoreCloud_log_admin.log
    log
    log
    ScoreCloud_log_noadmin.log
  • still no answer??
    Sorry for the wait, our developers are trying to find the cause of this, but it's hard since we cannot replicate it. But the logs are helping a lot!

I'll get back to you when they solve it!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
  • SvenESvenE Administrator
    It turns out that the bug Vivienne experienced (ScoreCloud main window doesn't show up) happens when:
    - closing ScoreCloud Studio while having the top left corner of the main window outside the screen
    AND
    - having disabled the welcome screen (by unchecking the checkbox in the lower left corner of the welcome screen)

Here is a fix:

Open the "Run"-window by pressing the windows-key+R and then type:
    %APPDATA%/ScoreCloud
    In this folder, rename the file scorecloud.ini to for example scorecloud.ini_

Now you should be able to start ScoreCloud Studio again, but since this makes ScoreCloud Studio create a new preferences file, you'll be asked to log into your ScoreCloud account again.

This problem will be fixed in the next version of ScoreCloud Studio.

If this didn't solve the problem that the ScoreCloud main window doesn't show up, please contact support@scorecloud.com.

/SvenE
  • I was so enjoying using your program. But have become so frustrated after trying again and again to re-establish the program. the %appdata%ScoreCloud fix didn't even open a result. I did find these files in app/roaming. Sure hope I can find a fix. It was great for a few minutes anyway
    log
    log
    ScoreCloud.log
    ini
    ini
    scorecloud.ini
    log
    log
    faudio.log
  • Praise God... I was able to get ScoreCloud up and running again by adding .ini to the file scorecloud. It showed up on here after pasting in this note as a .ini file, but not so on my computer app data. Hopefully this fix will continue to keep me going.
    Hi!

Super that it works now!

Your log file indicates that you were affected by the bug SvenE talks about (a negative value in the window coordinates).

It seems like you left out a slash in the %appdata%\ScoreCloud shortcut. Great that you found it anyway!

Our guess is that you have file extensions hidden, so the "scorecloud" file was actually named "scorecloud.ini", and by adding ".ini" it is now named "scorecloud.ini.ini". The reason that fixed the program is that ScoreCloud could no longer find the "scorecloud.ini", and therefore created a new one, that didn't contain the erroneous value that caused the bug!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud