Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Feature Request: Regarding Accidentals

PaulPaul Member
edited January 2015 in ScoreCloud Studio
ScoreCloud won't allow an accidental to be written on both notes of an octave - only on one. The other accidental can still be "invisibly" entered so that the note is correct during playback -- but it can't be written into the score that way. This would be incorrect musical grammar (at least in classical music where both notes of an octave require the accidental; I'm not sure about other forms of music). ScoreCloud has the same issue not only with accidentals that fall on octaves, but also with accidentals on two different pitches of the same note elsewhere in a measure (lets say an A4 on the first beat and an A5 on the 2nd beat - they'd both require an accidental, because even though they're both As, they're different pitches of A).
It would be so wonderful to be able to have this ability in ScoreCloud . . I've been writing out the missing accidentals by hand. Many thanks for your consideration!

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Sorry for the wait, I have already sent this along but missed leaving a response here. I'll make sure they take a look at it!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thanks JohanR!

I actually did find a workaround to show both accidentals in an octave, but it would be great if ScoreCloud displayed them by default, since again, they'd both always be written out in a classical score. (And again, the same would be true of two or more of the same note that appear on different beats within a bar that has an accidental (say a g#), as long as the second g# is higher or lower than the first one.) Wow that sounds confusing! Sorry, I'm not really sure how to explain this better! :-)

Just in case someone reads this who'd like to show the "hidden accidentals" in an octave, but hasn't yet figured it out, here's the procedure:

1) Click on the note in an octave that won't accept a visible accidental. That will highlight the note.
    2) Go to the "Notes Selected" box at the upper right of the ScoreCloud work page.
    3) Click on the "More" icon
    4) Go to "accidentals" and then press "show".
    You're accidental will appear, but it will be highlighted in red. To make the color uniform, click a blank part of your score. The "note selected" box will change to the "Page" box. Then just uncheck the "Use Score Colors" box.