Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Can't get SC to record from MIDI keyboard

Tony1912Tony1912 Member
edited February 2015 in ScoreCloud 4 / Studio
I have a Yamaha PSR S750 keyboard connected to my Windows 7 PC. SC says I have a MIDI device connected but notes played on the keyboard do not appear in SC.
Any ideas as to how I could get started with SC?

• JohanRJohanR Administrator

This is strange! Could you please send us your log files, either attached here or to

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Windows:
    Open the "Run"-window by pressing the windows-key+R and then type %APPDATA%/ScoreCloud

To find the log files (ScoreCloud.log and faudio.log) on Mac OS X:
    Press cmd-shift-g ( ⌘-⇧-G) in Finder and paste ~/Library/Containers/com.doremir.scorecloud/Data/Library/Logs

/ JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Also MIDI import stalls on a window with a green bar across. I can open a MIDI file in Listener, but then analyze stalls.
  • Just to say this happened to me with my XKey. I spent ages checking the Mac could see it and messing around in the CME XKey app and Audio MIDI setup trying to find a fix. Then I remembered that Sibelius doesn't recognise a keyboard plugged in after the app is launched so I tried restarting ScoreCloud and it worked.

This may or may not be relevant to Tony1912's problem - but it's useful advice I'd have been helped to see if I'd just done a search for this problem.
  • After a day of hacking around I have fixed it; but don't ask me how.
    Anyway first song done. I need to find out how to edit out inadvertent delays between notes now. It won't process the song and chord elements, but at least it works with the right hand melody bit. What I would love is a note font with letters A,B....G a la EZ-Play.
  • I have a similar problem no MIDI in seen or heard. I have Win 764 RD, 700NX.

MIDI in is set to all. Audio out set to the driver (latest) for my liquid 56 focusrite.

lIstener is set to Audio Output.

No sound, no sign of any notation. Play button changes but does not do anything, Overdub and replace are non functional.

Hi all!

This seems very strange, but we can't begin to solve it without seeing what the program's got wrong, so - if you haven't already - please send us your log files!

Tony1912: Feel free to start a new thread about your feature request and elaborate on them a little so we can consider adding them to the todo list! :-)

/ JohanR
  • I also have Windows 7, using 64 bit version. Other forums indicate that Win7 no longer works easily with MIDI keyboards, unless possibly with good driver software that comes with a MIDI interface hardware box/system.
    I just bought a cheap MIDI/USB cable. No communication to the computer, either in or out.
    I'll keep searching for a good driver/software solution, and let y'all know if I find one that works.

I use Windows 7 for my setup right now, with a M-Audio KeyRig 49 USB MIDI controller, and it's just plug-and-play out of the box.

We try to test with as many types of setup as possible, but there are way too many MIDI systems to catch 'em all. But if the MIDI signal gets into the computer, ScoreCloud should be able to pick it up.

We have tried a few MIDI-to-USB cables, but they were quite unreliable, sometimes working, sometimes not. There are also internal and external sound cards with MIDI input. That was pretty common a while ago, so perhaps you could find one of those second hand for cheap..

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud