Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Specify current lyric?

AnnBurgessAnnBurgess Member
edited February 2015 in ScoreCloud Studio
I've notated a song with no repeats and I'd like all the lyrics to be as near to the notes as a whole system can get. However by the end of the song the app seems to have decided my words are verse 5 or so and there is a huge gap, so much so that the words are interfering with the next line. I don't want to resize the parts to get the balance right as that will result in more page turns and a load of wasted space. Is there some way of telling ScoreCloud to treat this text as though it were all verse 1?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    edited March 2015
    Hi!

I'm not sure I understand what has happened..

If your song looks something like the attached image, the words have indeed ended up in another verse. The only way to fix this right now is to copy and paste them into the verse you want them to be in. Or to remove them and enter them again in the correct verse.

We are working on tools to work faster with lyrics, for example to copy and paste several syllables between notes or verses, for a later version.

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    lyrics-verses.PNG
    423 x 129 - 33K
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I realise this is going back a bit but I was terribly busy at the time and if there was an email sent to say I had a reply, I missed it - sorry!
    However I've just found your helpful reply and I'd like to post a screenshot as my lyrics seem to have just dropped a bit further away from the stave on each line (see the top part 'D'). I'm guessing they moved away to avoid collisions and never went back on subsequent lines until you reach the ridiculous positioning at the bottom of the screenshot.
    png
    png
    Screen Shot 2015-06-01 at 01.44.18 pm.png
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Aha! This does indeed seem like a collision detection issue.

The lyrics are always drawn in a straight line, so it will be bumped down to avoid collision with the lowest note element. This is commonly regarded to be better than changing the vertical position of each syllable, because that can lead to confusion about verses, and harder to read.

There is currently no way to manually move lyrics vertically, but this is on the todo list.

Some of your lyrics seems like a bug, tough, and we'd love to take a look at the song file! Could you send us a link to the song (Share via email) to support@scorecloud.com and include this link in the email:
    http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/303/specify-current-lyric

Thanks for reporting this!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I do apologise as again I appear not to have realised I had a reply but looking at the file I appear to have fixed the problem somehow (I don't remember how). Keep up the good work, though - it's getting better all the time!