Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Having trouble copy/pasting

vehgeniegevehgeniege Member
edited October 2015 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hello,

First I'd like to say any help would be appreciated, as this is apart of an audition to college and I'm a Pro user of ScoreCloud.

I'm using the MIDI snippet feature and am saving a collection of analyzed snippets that piece together as a complete song.
Each snippet has its own VOICES. And for whatever reason, apparently ScoreCloud can only have voices set for the entire song, and not just a set of measures. I believe this is the case because whenever I copy over all of the notes from one song to another, their voice qualities do not carry over. The song I'm trying to notate is a two-hand piano composition that has a lot of overlapping of notes and such that create the separate voices ScoreCloud is detecting.

So, when I try to copy over "Part 2" of the song to the ending of "Part 1" persay, some parts of the song won't transfer, or the voices aren't transferred and many of the notes just sort of mesh together.

Example below. (As you can see, the actual notes are transferred but they are mashed into one voice/part and things like the "G" being offset to show it being held longer doesn't happen.)

Am I copy and pasting wrong, or is this program just not meant to handle this kind of notation?
PNG
PNG
originalofpart2.PNG
PNG
PNG
EndingOfPart1WithPastingOfPart2.PNG
PNG
PNG
OriginalPart2Voices.PNG
PNG
PNG
EndOfPart1AndPart2VoicesPasted.PNG

Comments

• By the way, it does the same thing when I try to copy/paste into the "Part 1" song with the same time signature (6/16 and not 3/4).
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

This I havn't seen before. Will have to check it out, but it might be a bug!

/ JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • Thank you! Please let me know if this is a thing that could be fixed. I'm sure many other users would appreciate it too. I love ScoreCloud so much, and it's been a lot of help. But if I can't copy and paste correctly, pretty much all my work and money would go to waste. I believe in the staff team!
  • ~bump
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

We have been looking in to it, but we're having trouble consistently reproducing the problem.. Could you possibly send over the files? Either here, or to support@scorecloud.com (and link to this page in the email) ?

Thanks!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I have sent an email.

Thanks!

Daniel
  • To those who may need help on this in the future, apparently you can "append" one document to another to transfer the information like voicing to one document by dragging the song name from the pane on the left in the program into the open document you want it in.