Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

key signature change and enharmonic spellings

I'm still a little on the fence about subscribing. I keep putting the free version through its paces. I'm impressed with the AI in translating rhythms. I'm a little frustrated though with elements related to key signatures and note-specific accidentals. WHen I change a key signature (without transposing pitches) the program doesn't seem to change note-specific accidentals withitn a bar to more logically match the key. One of the hoped for side effects of correcting the program's guess of key is that the notation will be more logical and reflect the key change. For that matter, I can't find a command to manually change the enharmonic spelling of a note. I couldn't find previous discussions about this. Am I missing something?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, changing the key signatures without transposing pitches does intentionally not edit any notes. Perhaps there could be an option to have them re-spelled..

Manually changing the enharmonic spelling is still kind of a hidden feature, but it is done by selecting the note and pressing the 'x' key.

Another hidden tip to go with this is that if you select a note and press ctrl+shift+A (cmd+shift+A on mac), all notes of the same pitch will be selected. And if you press the combination again, all octaves of that note will be selected as well. This way re-spelling can be done pretty swiftly!

These features will be more prominent in upcoming versions!

Hope this helps!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist