Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Noteheads?

I'm sure someone has already asked about this but I can't find anything. How can I change the notehead on a single note to a cross? Is it yet another case of 'leave it to the end and export it to another application'?

I must say I'm a bit disappointed that having paid a reasonable amount for my full version of the app, I'm still not able to do many basic things like transposing individual notes by something other than an octave or adding a different time signature for just one bar or resizing and fitting music exactly as I want it. I can get the music down quickly, that's brilliant - but it was brilliant at that two years ago and I'd like at some point not to have to keep dipping into the heavyweight apps for basic things.
Is anyone still developing this?

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi!

Yes, we are actively developing this (latest update was last week). And all things you talk about are available in the program.

1. Change notehead:
    Right-click the note and choose "Notehead -> X"

2. "Transposing" notes
    Select the note and drag it with the mouse, or press the up/down arrow buttons
    Or transposing using the Transpose tool in the toolbar

3. Change time signature
    Right click in the score and choose "Insert here -> Time change"

4. Fitting music
    You can move systems and staff distance by clicking and dragging to the left of the staves. And you can select a barlina and use the "Justify system" in the actions panel, to force a line break, to control what bars end up on what system. This cannot be used to force to many bars onto a system, but is pretty usable nonetheless.

Thank you for reaching out!
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • AnnBurgessAnnBurgess Member
    edited July 2016
    Well that was a bunch of gripes worth posting! Thank you so much! Everything solved except the last item (which still doesn't always enable me to squash things onto one page to avoid a page turn). Regarding number 2, transposing notes: I have just selected a group of notes and used the arrow keys to make them move up and down the stave. Supposing I just want to move them a semitone but remain on the same lines and spaces: is there a way to do that? And is there a way to specify whether I want a diatonic or a chromatic transposition?

Is there also a way to get email notifications that I've missed? I would like to get a message when someone responds to my posts on these forums and also I'd like to get the heads-up when new features like this are built into ScoreCloud. Have I missed another trick here? Your really helpful response to this is making me wonder what else I may have missed.
  • JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hi again!

Great that most things worked out!

Fitting music on systems and pages has limits, due to our collision detection. Perhaps those limits are too broad. We're looking at that continuously, and will review. We have also been working on scaling of the notation, but this proved more complicated than we anticipated..

Regarding notifications, I answered that here, did it not work?
    http://doremir.com/forums/discussion/923/forum-email-notifications

We try to write changelogs when we update the software. Those can be read when installing the update!

Thanks for helping us improve! :-)
    / JohanR, ScoreCloud
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist