Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Operating systems

MagnusMagnus Member
edited September 2013 in ScoreCloud Studio
Hey all! Since I assume that a GNU/Linux version of ScoreCleaner isn't in the works I wonder if anyone has been successful running the Windows version of ScoreCleaner via Wine on GNU/Linux? I tried last year with Wine 1.5.15 on Mepis Linux 11. See: http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=27271.

Comments

• JohanRJohanR Administrator
    Hello!

You're right, a GNU/Linux version of ScoreCleaner is unfortunately not in the works, at least not in the near future. But we are also very interested in the results if someone has been able to successfully run it in Wine!

Post any updates here and we'll be sure to pass the info along to all interested parties!

Regards
    / JohanR
    ScoreCloud Staff and Mandolinist
  • I am testing installation right now in Wine 1.6 and Mepis Linux 11 and the process needed Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 so Wine headed out on the internet and is downloading the framework as I write this. Is the dependency on that framework new with ScoreCleaner 2.5.6? I didn't need it when I installed ScoreCleaner last year. But then again, I was not able to run ScoreCleaner after installation.

Regards,
    Magnus
  • SvenESvenE Administrator
    It is a requirement of the updating framework we started using in 2.5.5.
    Best,
    Sven
  • I'm not sure I understand your answer, Sven. Was ScoreCleaner 2.5.5 the first version that required the Microsoft.NET Framework but an earlier version of the framework than 2.0 SP2?

Regards,
    Magnus
  • Installation of ScoreCleaner 2.5.6 in Wine 1.6 on Mepis Linux 11 seems to work although the installation of the required Microsoft.NET Framework 2.0 SP2 does not (the framework that downloads is actually version 3.5 SP1): the program update.exe encounters a serious problem and has to quit; a message is shown telling that this can be caused by an error in the update program or by a deficiency in Wine. After that a message from the program setup.exe is shown telling that a problem occured during installation of Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1. The ScoreCleaner installer then tells that Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package is required and gives the possibility to download it; download and installation of that software goes well. The ScoreCleaner installer continues after that and lets you decide where to install ScoreCleaner. The installer finishes and creates a program icon in Start -> Wine -> Programs. When trying to run ScoreCleaner a program window opens but is immediately closed. The program won't run.
    ScoreCleaner 2.5.5 and newer has a dependency to Microsoft.NET Framework (at least version 2.0 and if it is not available version 3.5sp1 is installed as I recall). This requirement is due to the updating framework we use.

Try installing Microsoft.NET Framework manually and see if it solves the problem.
  • MagnusMagnus Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you, Sven, now I see. However, when I checked the Microsoft.NET folder in the Wine folder I noticed that I already had all the versions up to and including 4.0. Why is the ScoreCleaner installer (or is it Wine?) asking for a software package -- which it fails to install -- that is already there?

I have now tried to install Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 manually from Microsoft's website but the setup.exe reports the same error as when installing ScoreCleaner. I also tried a standalone installation of version 4.0 but then the installer told me I already had that one or a newer version, and that is actually correct.
    Sorry for the delay Magnus.
    From your explanation above, I am not sure about the status of the installation. If the installation succeeded except for the .NET part, you could try to manually disable automatic updates in the preferences file and then try to start ScoreCleaner. The preferences file should be found here: "%APPDATA%\ScoreCleaner\scorecleaner.ini"

Change the Updates->auto_check to 0 (zero), so it looks like this:
    [Updates]
    auto_check=0

If scorecleaner.ini cannot be found, try creating it.
  • It's OK, Sven. However, I couldn't find the folder called %APPDATA% and the file scorecleaner.ini, only a folder named Application Data at .wine/drive_c/users/eolin/Application Data. That folder contained the folder ScoreCleaner with the file ScoreCleaner.log.
    Hello!

The file scorecleaner.ini should be in that folder (the same folder as ScoreCleaner.log).

Try creating a text file named scorecleaner.ini containing only these two rows:
    [Updates]
    auto_check=0

I just tried changing my file contents to that on my windows machine and it started.
  • Hello again, Johan, and thanks for your suggestion! Unfortunately, the text file I created according to your example didn't change ScoreCleaner's behaviour: the program window opens but then immediately closes. I got a question mark on the file icon for scorecleaner.ini while ScoreCleaner.log has a program log icon. Could that be a problem?
    Could you email the ScoreCleaner.log file to support@doremir.com, so we can check it out?
  • Yes, of course. Just a moment ...
  • Did you get my ScoreCleaner.log?