Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help a noob with Voices

Hi.

A little background info:
I can't play anything, not even the doorbell.
I'm just trying to help out a friend who isn't tech savvy, to better understand ScoreCloud (SC).
I'm an IT guy that used to play with FastTracker back in the Amiga 500 days :P (MODS!)

So, here it goes.

He has a Roland digital piano connected through USB to a notebook.
Whenever he records a snippet, even playing a few notes with one hand, SC records two voices with the same notes.
Is this normal?

And the bigger question:
Once a snippet is converted to a "song", is it possible to add another "track" so he can record while listening?
I mean, he's listening to the just-recorded piece and would like to record in real-time over another "track". And join both afterwards.
Copying and pasting a converted snipped into another, messes the tempo up somehow

I tried playing with the voices, thinking I could find a little multi-track studio in in, but it doesn't work as I thought it would.
Same for the Manual Input and the Mixer.

Thanks for your time guys and gals.

Comments

• JohanNJohanN Administrator
    Hi and thank you for writing!

Your first issue about the input. No, this should not be the case. Spontaneously I am thinking it is something with the MIDI setting and how it is sending the information or if you possibly have other audio softwares open at the same time.

Please have a look at this and make sure you computer midi settings and ScoreCloud setting are in sync:
    https://scorecloud.com/support/#audio-midi-setup

If this doesn't help, please send in a bug report to support@scorecloud.com

---

You second question. Yes, This is possible. You can use the overdub function. An easy way that I use if the beat-by-beat input. I put the marker on a beat and input the notes beat by beat. Then I click wherever I want to add a new voice, click TAB until you see it says "new voice". Does this make sense to you?

Please let us know how it goes for you! :)

/Johan N, ScoreCloud support